From interactive museums to scary walking tours to internationally renowned sports grounds to a fairy tale chocolate paradise, Birmingham is packed with fun things to do for both adults and children. Here is a list of some of our favourites.
- For kids and adults with a sweet tooth, there's the irresistible Cadbury World. This is Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory come to life, with chocolate bars and buttons and fun and games and of course, lots of delicious samples.
- Thinktank is an award-winning, interactive science and technology museum and one of the most exciting and popular family activities in Birmingham. With more than 200 displays, it has four floors of mind-boggling exhibits and historical collections that will amaze and enthrall all of the family.
- Animal enthusiasts will not want to miss the National Sea Life Centre, where you can witness first-hand more than one-thousand different kinds of marine life, from starfish and sharks to sea-horses and otters. There is even a brilliant children's play area and a 4D Cinema for a film experience like nothing you've ever experienced before.
- Sporting fans might want to visit the Aston Villa or Birmingham City football stadiums or take in a tour of the cricket club in Edgbaston.
- If you're looking primarily to keep your kids entertained while you're in the city, you could do a lot worse than take them to one of the city's soft-play facilities, such as Teenie Weenies. Or there's Grand Prix Karting for kids older than 8, as well as bowling and climbing, mini-golf, Laser Station and lots and lots of parks and museums within a short walk of the centre.
- If it's cultural fun you're looking for, you might want to take in one of the city's many walking tours. These include basic history tours as well as specialist tours where you get to find out about something particularly close to your heart, whether its Peaky Blinders or the city's network of canals, there's something for everyone.
- Or if shopping's your idea of fun, you'll want to spend at least a few hours in the Bullring and Grand Central, a couple of Europe's foremost shopping malls.
Add in an endless array of theatre, cinema, eating, drinking, dancing and comedy, and you've got one of the most fun cities in the world at your fingertips.