In the Mercer Quality of Living Report of 2014, Birmingham was ranked higher than any other city in the United Kingdom. In Europe, it was on a par with Rome. Not only does this suggest that there is more to do and more fun to be had in Birmingham than in any other city in the UK, but also that Birmingham can be just as romantic as Rome if you look in the right places. And here to prove it is a list of some of the city's top romantic attractions:
- Treat your other half (and yourself of course) to a day of unbeatable pampering at the Club & Spa at the Cube. Nothing says I love you like having warm oil dripped all over your body, followed by the application of an exotic lime and ginger salt glow. Or maybe you'd prefer a nectar nourishing wrap? Choose from a wide variety of super-salubrious treatments and take advantage of one of the many special offers so that you're saving money too.
- Birmingham also has some of the loveliest romantic restaurants in the UK, with intimate dining and some of the best views over the city. Particularly romantic are the champagne bars in the city centre and those very special eateries in Brindley Place that overlook the canal. Also, you can't go wrong with the following: Bistro at Hotel du Vin, Anderson's Bar and Grill, Simpsons, Purnells.
- Or maybe there's nothing more romantic for you than strolling hand in hand through natural surroundings. If that's the case, you'll want to take advantage of the city's wildlife conservation park, the zoological gardens or the Birmingham Nature Centre, located just a few miles outside the centre of the city and home to well over a hundred species of beautiful and rare animals.
- If you fancy a bit of culture then don't forget to check out what's on at the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Also, if you and your partner are confirmed chocaholics, you might want to visit Cadbury World together.
- Or if it's fear that gets you going, you might want to take part in one of the city's many ghost and historic tours. Discover the dark underbelly of Birmingham's hidden past as entertaining, experienced and knowledgeable guides bring life to a history of public executions and plagues, ghostly hauntings. grisly murders, and the once crime-ridden streets frequented by the Peaky Blinders.
Whatever floats your boat, you and your partner will find heaps of exciting and romantic things to do in Birmingham.