Things To Do In Birmingham Today
Looking for something easy, quick and fun to do in Birmingham today? Something that doesn't require any planning? Here's a list of some of the best, most fun spontaneous days out and activities in and around the city.
- The Bullring. Join the 40 million people who flock to one of the UK's premier shopping centres every year and eat, drink and shop to your heart's content. You could easily spend the whole day in the Bullring.
- The Botanical Gardens. One of the most amazing and breathtaking sights that Birmingham has to offer. Stunning natural beauty that includes butterfly houses, exotic birds, a maze and some fantastic cacti. A wonderful treat for all the family.
- Birmingham Library. A stunning ten-level collection of archives, rare books and photography, including the largest collection of books in the whole of the UK. At 31,000 square metres, this is less a library, and more a major cultural destination and unmissable experience for every bibliophile.
- Thinktank. The award-winning science and technology museum that disguises learning as fun with over 200 interactive games and displays, including Spitfires and steam engines, prehistoric sea monsters and talking robots.
- National Sea Life Centre. This close-up celebration of marine life from all around the world provides a chance to see in real life things you've only ever previously seen on TV.
- Cannon Hill Park. If the weather is nice, you should definitely make the effort to visit this beautiful park that features over 80 acres of park and 120 acres of woodland plantation and conservation. It's also home to the Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Centre, which is home to an astonishing array of the world's animals, including Red Pandas, lemurs, meerkats, otters, wallabies and monkeys.
Then of course there are the city's many fascinating museums, galleries, theatres, cinemas and walking tours. Not to mention the Birmingham Hippodrome and the National Indoor Arena. There are in fact an endless number of exciting things to do in Birmingham right now, so what are you waiting for?