Sightseeing In Birmingham
When you go on a sightseeing tour in Birmingham, you will be amazed by the vast number of attractions on offer. Birmingham sights include some of the greatest galleries and museums in the world, as well as castles, entertainment venues, zoological gardens and breathtaking public spaces.
Flexible sightseeing in Birmingham means your tour can start when you want it to, and qualified Blue Badge guides will ensure that your experience is the most enjoyable and entertaining, not to mention informative and educational experience possible. You’ll be surprised how quickly the time flies and how much you can learn.
Take a Birmingham sightseeing bus around the city and learn about the fascinating history of this city that was at the heart of the industrial revolution in the UK.
With more miles of canal than Venice, more greenery than Paris and more friendly people than London, Birmingham is one of Europe’s most interesting and underrated cities, and is actually the perfect city to take sightseeing tour.
Here are just a few of the things to see and learn on a Birmingham sightseeing tour:
- The Bell-Edison Telephone Building on Newhall Street, which was the location of the city’s first ever telephone exchange, completed in 1896 for the National Telephone Company
- The Birmingham School of Art, a Grade I listed building on Margaret Street. Opened in 1885, this was the first locally run art college in the whole of the UK.
- Victoria Square, home to the Town Hall and the Council House, is a pedestrianised square that is often described as the heart of Birmingham. It also happens to be the point from which are measured all local road sign distances.
- Birmingham Town Hall, completed in 1834, is another Grade I listed building. Inspired by the Roman Temple of Castor and Pollux, this beautiful classical concert hall came to characterise city architecture in Victorian England.
- Centenary Square, opened by Queen Victoria in 1889 and renamed a hundred years later to celebrate the fact that Birmingham was granted city status.
Would you like to know more about the tours we offer?
If you would like to know more information about any of our tours, or you are a company who would like to book tickets for a unique corporate tour, then please get in touch with us.