This Weekend In Birmingham
Welcome to our Guide of what to do This Weekend In Birmingham.
Birmingham is a vibrant city and always busy at the weekend, therefore whichever of the following suggestions you go for, you’d be very well-advised to book ahead to be sure of avoiding disappointment.
Museums & Art Galleries of Birmingham
- The National Motorcycle Museum. 250,000 people a year visit this the largest collection of British motorbikes in the whole world.
- The Barber Institute of Fine Arts. While away the weekend in the company of the best artists ever to have lifted a paintbrush: Monet and Manet, Renoir and not to mentino Dali, Degas, Gauguin and Van Gogh.
- Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. A Grade II listed landmark with over 40 galleries of art, archaeology and equally important social history. This is an unmissable treat for the culture-vultures amongst you.
- Birmingham Back to Backs. Enjoy an inspiring and moving holiday experience in Birmingham’s last surviving back-to-back houses, lovingly restored by the National Trust.
Walking Tours Of Birmingaham
- This Weekend In Birmingham, why go on a tour? Birmingham has some of the country’s best, most immersive and entertaining tours. These include walking tours, coach tours and in addition, canal tours. There are ghost and murder tours for those who like their history a little darker. There are Tolkein tours, likewise brewery tours, and Peaky Blinders tours and many more besides.
Halls & Icons of Birmingham
- Library of Birmingham. Over 30,000 square metres of rare books. In addition, there is photography and huge archives. They encompass the largest collection of books in the whole of the United Kingdom.
- Birmingham Hippodrome. Join the 500,000 annual visitors to one of the best and most exciting experiences in the country. Featuring the greatest living artists in music and theatre, the Hippodrome is a must see.
- Symphony Hall. For the best in classical music, not to mention rock, pop and award-winning comedy.
Shopping in Birmingham
- The Bullring and Grand Central shopping centres. One of Britain’s most popular shopping and leisure precincts, the Bullring is a miracle of modern architecture that has been an important trading station since the Middle Ages.
More To Mention
- The Jewellery Quarter. Free exhibitions and the chance to be transported back in history. See what life and work was really like in the uniquely famous Jewellery Quarter.
- Winterbourne House and Garden too. Located in seven acres of awe-inspiring botanical gardens only minutes from the city centre: Winterbourne features over 6,000 species of plant and is a wholly immersive and essentially Edwardian experience. This Weekend In Birmingham, there’s also The Golden Mile, the National Indoor Arena. In addition,; the ICC, leafy Edgbaston cricket ground and the Custard Factory. In addition there is Cadbury World, Birmingham’s famous and much-loved breweries not to mention the Cube and much more.
Would you like to know more about the tours we offer?
If you would like to know more information about any of our tours, or you are a company who would like to book tickets for a unique corporate tour, then please get in touch with us.